- Information We Collect
- Information We Collect and Receive. In order for you to use our Site and Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site and Services, this may include:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our Site or through any promotions or contests: For example, your name, address information, email address, age, birthday, telephone number, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our Site or related contest or promotion;
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, such as name, phone number, and any other details you provide in your communications. Vessl may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Transaction information when you purchase Products or Services from us: For example, if you make purchases with your credit card, we may use your credit card information for shipping, billing, and credit card validation purposes;
- Information to support delivery of our Products and Services: For example, we may require your address to deliver Products and other materials you request to you;
- Information about your activity through our Products and Services, including your device information, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site.
- Information stored in connection with any Products and Services, such as customer information, and other data provided as part of your use of the Products and Services.
We will only use personal information to provide you with information, products, or services you have requested, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
- Information from Children. Vessl does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and children under 13 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or Services, including by subscribing to receive information from Vessl. Parents can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
- Recognize you whenever you visit this Site (this speeds up your access to the Site as you do not have to log in each time);
- Support security and authentication features on our Site;
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our Site;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products, and services, and to help us better understand our users’ requirements;
- Improve the speed and performance of our Site and Products and Services;
- Make your online experience more enjoyable and efficient; and
- Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process.
Types of Cookies: The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our Site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our Site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
The cookies that we place on your device may also be:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our Site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our Site, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our Site works.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our Site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising cookies and similar technologies by using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool available here, or if located in the European Union you can make your choices here. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
Controlling Cookies: Your browser may give you the ability to control some types of cookies. If you do not want to accept the kinds of cookies you can control, you can change your browser settings so that certain types of cookies are not accepted.
If you turn off any cookies, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this Site. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please check one or more of the following resources:
- How We Use Information
Vesslmay use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver our Products and Services;
- To provide customer service and our support services, or respond to any requests you make;
- To process any financial transactions you make on our Site;
- To facilitate Vessl’s development, design, marketing, or quality improvement of the Site and for our general business purposes.
- To keep your information secure such as by monitoring for security irregularities, and to be able to verify your identity and contact information;
- To alert you about product updates, special offers, updated information and other news and services fromVessl;
- To ensure our Site and Services are relevant to you and your interests;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you; and
- To contact you in response to any communications or requests submitted by you.
- How Information May Be Shared
Vessl will never sell or rent any of your personal information, and we will never share your personal information publicly without your consent. However, from time to time, Vessl may engage other trusted third party companies and individuals to perform functions such as sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and providing customer service. Such companies shall only use your personal information for those purposes required to perform their functions and you consent to Vessl sharing your personal information with such companies so they can perform their functions. For example, we may store the information described in Section 1.1 above with a third-party data storage service to support delivery of our Products and Services, and to respond to customer service requests. Whenever we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business, protect Vessl’s legal rights and property, and to comply with the law or law enforcement. Otherwise, your personal information is never shared with any third party.
- Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously, and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. Vessl has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that Vessl collects. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Vessl cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Data Transfers
- Basis for Processing – European Union Residents
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver our Products andServices, and assist with any questions you may have.
- Consent: we may ask your consent to process your personal information in some situations.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data.
- Legitimate interests: This is a term in data protection law that allows us to process your personal information if we have a fair reason to use your data, and only if we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in running our business, including for delivering our Products and Services, fraud prevention, quality assurance, and marketing purposes, as long as our use of your data does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
- Email Notifications
We try to keep email communications to a minimum, and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send. For example, we may send you email relating to the Products or Servicesthatwe offer. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time. You can always opt out of receiving email information or mobile device notifications from Vessl (other than certain required communications informing you of the completion of a purchase, or correction of user data) by sending us an email at email@example.com stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email or mobile device notification, you may send us a return email or mobile device communication asking to be omitted from future email or mobile device distributions or to request deletion of your information from our database. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Vessl as a result of a purchase of the Products or Services, product service experience, or other transactions.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. This is a case by case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may retain your data so that we may process and deliver your orders. We may also be legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data in such a way that you are not personally identifiable, either directly or indirectly.
- Personal Information Requests – California and European Union Residents
Users or Site visitors residing in certain locations, including California and the European Union, may be afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include 1) the ability to request access to or a copy of the information we have collected about you; 2) the right to review our data collection practices related to you; 3) the ability to request deletion of your personal information; 4) the right to request correction of any information we hold about you; 5) the right not to be discriminated against due to your exercise of any of the preceding rights; and 6) the right to request portability of your data. In certain circumstances, you may also request restriction of, or objection to the processing we perform about you. While these rights are not globally applicable, our customers are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about them.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. Residents of California may designate an authorized agent to exercise certain privacy rights on their behalf, and should make any such request by contacting the above email address. To protect your privacy and security, Vessl may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. We will attempt to respond to your request for information within 30 days. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
- 10.Questions, Comments, or Complaints